Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is better to relax by watching a movie or reading a book than doing physical exercises.
Which one do you prefer：
1) a company offering you a job with challenging and interesting project but less vacation days or
2) another company offering you a job that is not so challenging and interesting but more vacation days.
1. If you are selecting a leader for a student organization, honesty is the most important to consider in deciding whom to vote for.
2. As a student of university that has a long break between university semesters, the university requires all students to do one of the following for one month during the break:
1) students must take a course on the subject that has no direct connection to their majors of study.
2) students must volunteer to work in the city where the university is located or their hometowns to improve some aspects of life of the city or their own town.
which one do you think is more beneficial for students in their university. Why?
3. Rather than help their children do schoolwork, parents should encourage their children do their homework independently.
4. You have long been friend with someone. If they do something that you don’t like, should you still be friends with him or her?
5. Some people like to buy and eat their meals at restaurants frequently, while others like to do this at home. Which do you prefer? Why?
6. Most adults believe that modern children (5-10 years old) behave worse than those in the past. What action parents should take do you think will have the most positive effect on children to help them be have better like respecting and treating others kindly?
1) limit the types of the TV programs and movies they watch
2) spend more time talking with children
3) supervise and monitor children while they are playing with their friends
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
7. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: students are more interested in politics today than they were in the past?
8. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All school teachers should be required to attend some courses every five years to update their knowledge.
9. If your friend wants to reduce living expenses, which one would you suggest?
1) Find a roommate that can share the living expenses.
2) Buy the new technology products (cell phone) less frequently
10. At some universities, students take part in making decisions about the issues that affect daily life of everyone on campus, such as how many hours that the libraries should be open each day or what kinds of food should be served in the cafeteria. But at some universities, experts are hired to make these decisions, students almost never involved. Which approach do you prefer and why.
11. Which one of the following values is the most important to share with a young child (ages 5 to 10)? Why?
1) Being helpful to others
2) Being honest
3) Being well-organized
Use specific examples and evidences to support your answer. "
12. Do you agree that it is better to work for business owned by someone else than to work for the business of one’s own family
13. Some people think that we should keep away from others to improve our relationship, because being away from people reminds us of how important they are. Others think we should always stay with others to have good relationship because we can communicate with them more often. What do you think?
14. Students aged 13-18 are taught different subjects by different teachers while younger students are taught by only one teacher all day long. Some people suggest it would benefit young students to be taught by different teachers. Do you agree with this view? Why or why not?
15. Modern agriculture methods damage the environment, but providing food for the growing population around the world is more important than protecting the environment."
16. If one of your friends has the opportunity to study in either one of two majors, which one of the following majors you will recommend:
1) A major that would allow your friend to complete studies and get a degree faster (so that he or she can get a full time job sooner)
2) A major that would require longer time to study, but can make it more likely to get better employment opportunities and job offers in the future.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. "
17. Out of the following three things, which one would you prefer to regulate in order to improve your health? 1)The kind of food you eat 2)The amount of exercise 3)The amount of stress in your life.
18. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: It is better for your friend to ask you for help (supposing you are good at the subject) than to turn to a tutor when he finds it hard to pass an examination.
19. Which area the government should fund to improve children’s education?
1) hiring more teachers to teach in a small class
2) preschool education before kindergarten
3) providing some training courses so that teachers can be more professional
20. only people who have learned different skills are more likely to succeed than those who focus on learning only one skill.